Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pond steps




As I have been building the paths around the pond, I added places where I can step into the pond.  I added three entry spots on the north side, which is the shallow bog area.  A couple of weekends ago, I was on the Minnesota Water Garden Society tour and I realized that I also need paths that exit the pond area. This will help with traffic flow - if you get a group of people who are wanting to look at the pond and the person in the front stops, because the paths are narrow, there isn't room to get around. Now you are stuck!  But if there is an exit path, you can take it and move around to a different spot.  And last summer when I took my granddaughter on the pond tour, she wanted to explore all the paths, even if they lead to nowhere!  So for ease of movement and more fun - more paths!

No comments:

Post a Comment