Monday, May 27, 2013

To do list for 2013

It has been a cold, snowy spring and I am way behind in my gardening tasks.  Here are some things I want to get done this year:

  • Take out the two blue bird asters from the front west border. Also take the baby tiger eye sumacs out.
  • Re-work the front east border, taking out the mums and spirea and replace them with something different.
  • Create a new bed in the back with the perennials bought last fall (overwintered by burying the pots!)
  • Pond?  I got one estimate that was way too expensive.... Get two more estimates. 
  • Create a bed for new plants that are on trial.  I have put too many plants in my gardens without knowing their habits and some of them have been very invasive.  Anything that spreads by creeping roots is NOT going to have a place in the front beds - with our sandy soil, they go crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment