Monday, October 3, 2011

Path finished!


















Finally finished the path next to the retaining wall!  We hauled in 3 small (Ford Ranger) loads of class 5 gravel to fill it in.  I chose gravel because there is an incline and mulch would have probably washed down the hill.
Now, to connect this bed to the existing landscaping.  The black hose shows where the edge of the bed will be.  There is a secondary path that leads to a gate in the fence around the vegetable garden, edged in rock.  I moved some irises that were in a bad spot (blocking the sprinkler head) and planted a couple of peonies that a neighbor gave me.  I have some other pressing projects, so this probably won't be fully planted before winter.

My mantra these days is - get plants in ground!!

The weather is gorgeous for early October, so I plan to take advantage and plant, plant, plant! (When I'm not work, work, working!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment