Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How am I doing on my list of things to get done?

Here is my list from April. 

  1. 1. Finish mulching around the vegetable garden.
  2. 2. Build a retaining wall on the east side of the garage.
  3. 3. Lay fabric and mulch on my path to get rid of the grass, finish edging with rock, and create a seating area as a destination.
  4. 4. Move trees!!!
  5. 5. Find permanent homes for the techny arborvitae and cottoneasters on the east side of the garage.
  6. 6. Shade garden on north side of garage.
  7. 7. Plant cutting garden!!!
  8. 8. Put down corn gluten on lawn to help cut down on weeds.
  9. 9. Move lilac.
  10. 10. Add lights to front walkway.
  11. 11. Add new water feature to front garden.

So far, numbers 7, 8 10 and 11 have been completed.  I have been working on the border around the vegetable garden and soon it will be ready to mulch (1) and I moved the cottoneasters (5).  My next project will be the retaining wall on the east side of the garage (2).  That needs to be done before I can plant the shade garden on the north side of the garage (6).   I'll need soil to fill in behind the retaining wall, so I'll take out the grass that is growing on the path in front (3) and use it for fill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment