Sunday, May 17, 2015

Vegetable Garden

 
 
Each year, before I plant my vegetable garden, I draw it in my garden notebook. I want to be sure I move the tomato plants to a different section each year to avoid diseases. I tried the carrot seed tape this year and some interesting white French radishes.  Kale is also a new addition. Typically, I plant zucchini seeds, but this year, I may buy a couple of plants and plant seeds. I'm thinking the plants will give me fruit a bit earlier - I guess we'll see!

 
Ready for planting!

 
I got most of the garden planted on Saturday and we got over an inch of rain last night, which is good. But it is going to get cold tomorrow night, so I am going to have to cover the tomatoes and peppers. Average last frost date here is May 15th, but that is no guarantee!

No comments:

Post a Comment