Thursday, August 25, 2011

Secret garden...more progress

I changed some of the shrubs - took out the two dogwoods and replaced them with two cotoneasters.  The deer won't eat them!
The post will hold a birdhouse - It is the same aqua color as the adirondack chair.

The post will hold a birdhouse - It is the same aqua color as the adirondack chair.

I also added some interesting spireas - Ogon. Their bright yellow foliage and whispy texture will look great with the dark green leaves of the cotoneasters. These are zone 5 shrubs, so I will add some extra mulch before winter.





I've removed most of the sod from the area near the retaining wall and added a couple of small rock walls. The slope of the soil at the bottom was much greater than what I thought - I'm still thinking about how to shape the bed in order to avoid the soil washing out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment