Friday, July 29, 2011

Secret garden in progress....



On the west side of my house, there is a spot where I can see a lake.  My plans have always been to create a small seating area so that I could enjoy that view.  So I am extending the front border around to the west side.  Originally, I thought about adding a circular patio, but the grass is nice in that area, so I am leaving the grass and extending the brick edging from the path to circle the grass and form my little seating area.  You can see that I brought my chair to the area - I wanted to be sure I have enough room and that the view is maintained.  I am planting tall shrubs on the south and west sides of the seating area and plan to plant some perennials near the seating area.  This will be a pretty little spot that you won't be able to see until you enter it from the path.

The blue shag in the top picture was a bargain that I found last summer.  It will get to be about 6 feet tall and wide.  This seemed like the perfect spot where I could really enjoy it, so I moved it in.  I have to "hide" the gas meter and the furnace venting with some sort of perennials.  And I think I want to focus on interesting foliage in this area.   

No comments:

Post a Comment